About this position
Looking for apprentice and licensed commercial transport mechanic.
Valid Driver's License Class 5 with Clean Drivers Abstract or better- Welding certificate and/or related experience- WCB training an asset- WHMIS training an asset- Forklift training an asset
3 x 12 hour
4 x 10 hour shifts available
Responsibilities and duties
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on-highway trucks and trailers.
- Perform operation test prior to repairs to verify complaint.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer's specifications.
- Follow paper-flow procedures including documenting correct mileage/hours, save and tag all warranty and core parts, document all repairs on work order using complaint, cause and correction format.
- Perform required inspections and preventative maintenance on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, productivity and life of the unit.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Welding and fabrication as required- Various other tasks as required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- HD truck technical training or trailer mechanic experience.
- Ability to safely and efficiently work around heavy equipment, trucks and trailers perform work in a safe manner in accordance with Mountain Pacific Mechanical Inc. policies.
- Skilled in diagnosis and repair of electrical systems on trucks and equipment.
- Knowledge of engines and controls, transmissions and controls, brakes and suspensions, and of hydraulic systems.
- Skilled in welding and cutting.
- Ability to work in various inside and outside environments being subjected to weather changes, noise, and job hazards.
- Must be neat and professional in appearance.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Must be able to safely and efficiently operate equipment.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work around heavy equipment in a safe manner.
- Must be environmentally conscious and solution-oriented.
- Must be a problem-solver.
- Must be able to receive instruction and carry out directives as per company policy.